Friday 12 May 2017

The Beddington Incinerator still causing chaos

The fight goes on, last night at the Sutton Council Planning Committee:



I even ended up getting involved recently and got into trouble. I was showing some local people round and talking about the restoration problems and a petition was started using video from the walk and talk : HERE
My main points I was trying to make was the need to complete the restoration and also the benefit of having independent air quality monitoring (to rest the fears of local people and also to ensure the highest standards are upheld by the incinerator operators). However the petition is strongly anti-incineration and bringing the visitors on and resulting in anti-incineration campaign was agaisnt the terms of the bird group access conditions. The long and short of it, is that I can no longer risk taking visitors on site and won't be able to lead tours any more. I'm on my final warning- one more incident and I will loose my access privilege.

No comments: