Friday 24 August 2012

News from the Bugry

Me in the Bugry 
Jersey Tigers- part of the 28 a few days ago 
 

Been some busy nights in the Bugry recently. Last night I had 85 moths of 39 species flying round the room. I try and catch as many as possible and pot them up or store them in the storage tank so that I can count them all- in addition to the ones that actually stay in the trap. Since last June I've had 231 species of moth in that blinking room including a 2nd site record for Surrey- a Rose Plume and also the Dewick's Plusias which probably represent the only breeding population in the UK. Probably (definately) misidentifying and missing all sorts of stuff too.

2 comments:

StourbridgeRantBoy said...

There ca'nt be many moth trappers still wearing cufflinks! Nice shot...

ATB Laurie -

Peter Alfrey said...

I know- I dressed down for that shot- normal moth trapping attire above :-)