Monday 25 April 2011

'Common' Crane

NEW VIDEO HERE FROM DODGE:
www.vimeo.com/22855869




I spent the morning bugging with Gripper and Nick and didn't see much in the way of birds apart from the 2 LRP and a Yellow Wagtail.
I went back to the obs and shortly after Roger called to say that a Common Crane was going overhead. By the time I got to the window it had gone over the top and I thought I missed it. However 5 minutes later it returned and then circled Hackbridge and the Farmlands for about 10-15 minutes before finally departing off to the northwest.
This is the 4th record of Crane at Beddington in just under a year previous to which it had been unrecorded.

3 comments:

Lee Dingain said...

I can't believe you have Common Crane on your garden list! Twice!

Peter Alfrey said...

I know. Interesting to know if the run of records are all different birds.
I checked out the weather for Wednesday- seems to be a front moving in tomorrow and the wind shifting more to a north easterly sourced from the high north so might be getting cooler. This is such strange weather will be interesting to see how the birds react.

Lee Dingain said...

Yeah, the weather on Wednesday looks interesting. I might try and get to the moor. Great crane shots!