Saturday 25 September 2010

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSUS! GANNETS OVER BEDDINGTON.


I was at the obs this afternoon working but kept getting disturbed by emails coming in about Gannets invading the Thames Estuary and some being seen towards Rainham and over North London. Therefore I decided that working was a bad idea and went over the farm to wait for one of them that had decided to cut across land to the south coast. Dodge and Kojak soon joined in the vigil and just as I was about to go into a rant about rarities committees, Dodge quite calmly said 'Hey lads, there are three Gannets here' to which I replied "F### me #####y you ####ing w###king ####" and Kojak started screaming .
More here:

3 comments:

Dominic Mitchell said...

A rare London pic, Peter - another great record for the farm. I was at Grays late afternoon but the action stopped once the tide turned.

john said...

You got me jealous. We have near hurricane force winds, and nary a bird to be seen. I am very impressed by the bird diversity of London and vicinity.

wolfy said...

lovely!