Wednesday 11 February 2009

Iskenderun

Great Black-headed Gull, Common Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Yellow-legged Gull and Black-headed Gull (top) Caspian Gull (bottom)




Apparently I was in a town called Iskenderun in Southern Turkey. Did some gull watching in the harbour. Another Kittiwake, an adult Little Gull, 40+ Mediterranean Gull, 6 Great Black-headed Gull, 400+ Black-headed Gull, 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull (looked like intermedius type) and a few large white headed gulls which I am still working on- I think Yellow-legged and Caspian together but trying to rule out some of the smaller looking ones as being Armenian Gull.

Thanks to Yoav from Israel who informed me that there had been an influx in Kittiwakes into the Eastern Mediterranean this year which puts those Kittiwake sightings in context.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Peter Alfrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Alfrey said...

Hello,
I see you are a bible basher.Why have you said a random 'hello' to me. It is out of context and I dont know you and you are not in my peer or interest groups relating to this blog.
Do you trawl the internet for people you think you can help or have I been selected as a special case. I suspect you are shamelessly trying to promote yourself and your blogs- I have little interest in what someone like that has to say.

Thankless Peter:-)

Darryl said...

:-))